Teodor Tomić - Personal Website
Hello there! I'm a controls and planning software engineer at Skydio and a Post-Doc at the Chair for Robotics and Systems Intelligence at the Munich School of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MSRM) of the Technical University Munich (TUM). After being a researcher at the DLR Institute of Robotics and Mechatronics, in March 2017 I've left Germany to join Skydio and therefore moved my publications and work experience to this personal website. Since October 2018 I've started a part-time postdoc position at TUM with my PhD advisor Sami Haddadin, after defending my doctoral thesis for which I've been awarded the Georges Giralt PhD Award for the best robotics doctorate in Europe.
- Skydio is sponsoring and will be at the Bay Area Robotics Symposium (BARS) 2019 at UC Berkeley, CA, USA.
- Skydio 2 announced. [ IEEE Spectrum | The Verge ]
- Associate Editor for ICRA 2020 thanks to Alex Dietrich and Antonio Franchi.
- Skydio touchdown detection patent published.
- Excited to present about Fully Autonomous Vision Based Flight in the Wild: Progress and Challenges at the University of Zurich RPG Lab, ETH Zurich RSL, and the Learning to fly meetup.
- Presenting at RSS 2019 in Freiburg, Germany: Towards Learning Manipulation Skills Under Wind Influence at the Aerial Interaction and Manipulation: Unsolved Challenges and Perspectives Workshop and Skydio at the Workshop on Safe Autonomy
- Received the Georges Giralt PhD Award at ERF in Bucharest. [ ERF | TUM | DLR | 034portal | Universitas #114 | srednja.hr ]
- My PhD thesis is a finalist for the 2019 Georges Giralt PhD Award. The defense in the form of a 15-minute oral presentation will be held at the European Robotics Forum on March 21, 2019 in Bucharest, Romania.
- Wind estimation patent DE102016119152A1 has been granted. It is closely related to the ICRA 2015, IROS 2016, and IJRR papers.
- Skydio is a gold sponsor of IEEE CDC 2018 and giving a special session at the Fontainebleu in Miami Beach, FL, USA.
- Started part-time (50%) as Postdoc at the Chair for Robotics and Systems Intelligence at the Munich School of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MSRM) of the Technical University Munich (TUM). Staying at Skydio for the other 50%.
- IROS 2018 best paper award in Madrid, Spain for paper with wonderful DLR colleagues, using our Ardea multicopter system.
- Successfully defended my PhD thesis (magna cum laude) at Leibniz University Hannover.
- Skydio is "looking around" at ACC 2018 in Milwaukee, WI, USA.
- PhD thesis finally submitted.
- Skydio R1 launched (pun intended).
- Presenting at ISRR 2017 in Puerto Varas, Chile.
- Givng a short Skydio pitch at the Bay Area Robotics Symposium (BARS) at UC Berkeley, CA, USA.
- Skydio is sponsoring RSS 2017 at MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Started working as a Planning/Controls Engineer at Skydio.
- Officially final day at DLR.